Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Angel - Sally Salavea

I received devastating news today and it had nothing to do with my cancer. My dear boss, Sally Salavea passed away in a car accident over the weekend. Anyone who I have spoken to since I started with this company have heard me say that she is the reason that I came to this company because she had the truest heart of anyone I have met. I am devastated with her loss because even though we weren't the closest of friends, she always provided me with so much support that its hard to imagine going through this without her. Therefore, I ask that everyone that would have prayed for me and my family tonight pray for Sally's family as we all mourn the loss of a daughter, wife, sister, friend, and mentor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear Lindsay. Our thoughts will include Sally's friends and family, as we hope for only good news for you. We are so very sorry for your loss.
Marilyn

Stacy O said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this terrific woman. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Rex said...

I was glad that I was able go to her memorial service. It was hard for me to hear this news earlier this month. We didn't talk everyday, but she was a very important person in my life, and I miss her very much. She always supported me in life, and in figuring out my career. She was a genuine friend.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsay,
What a wonderful website you have set-up. I will check on it regulary and pray that God continues to give you strength.
Thank you for being a friend to my sister Sally. We are a very close family and she had shared stories with me about what you are going through. She often said that she would try to stay strong but would easily get tears in her eyes when she would talk with you because she just couldn't imagine what you are going through. Thank you again, Lindsay. Take care, Luisa (Sally's sister)