Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Glowing in the Dark Anymore


I finished my balloon radiation last Friday and had the balloon and catheter removed then. Since then I have slowly gotten over some of the nerve pain, mammosite pain and radiation burn. Yesterday I went back to work half time and even went to the Y and did some elliptical bike work. It felt very good. I will work half time this week and go to California next Tuesday to be there for Lindsay's surgery. My whole process went very smoothly and I am now CANCER FREE! Now we move on to make Lindsay CANCER FREE. -Actually I can't say I'm not glow in the dark because my hot flashes are probably lighting up something! I would like to thank all the people at Pierce County Library System who donated vacation hours for shared leave so I wouldn't run out of sick leave. I can't even begin to list the food, presents, books, visits, cards support and love that my co-workers have given me to make this passage easier. Incredible bunch of people. Then there is the family who kicked in with things like chocolate chip/pumpkin muffins-really yummy and the friend who sent her favorite book of poetry. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love to all Patti

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! Cancer free!!

Anonymous said...

And now, dear Patti, on to the hard part. It's one thing to face something yourself, another to watch your child in the same circumstances. You are healthy, strong, loving, and a great Mommy, so will take care of Lindsay and help her reach the 'cancer free' goal too. We're all thinking of you. Marilyn and Lou

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad, Patti, that you will be able to be with Lindsay for the surgery. Remind Paul that Kurt and I will be around if he needs company!