Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lindsay's Treatment Schedule (thus far)

I know a lot of people have been asking about what my treatment will be and while everyone is trying to be helpful by telling what they know, a lot of wrong information is being spread. So, this is what I know of my treatment thus far and pending further tests.

I will be getting a double mastectomy and will be on medical leave for up to 2 months. During that time I will receive my first chemotherapy. I will continue with chemotherapy for a total of six months. If it appears the cancer has spread, I will then receive radiation treatment. After all of my treatment is complete, I will go in for two last reconstructive surgeries where they will put in the implants and reconstruct the nipples.

Please note that I go in today to get the results of my pet scan. That should be a preliminary indicator as to whether the cancer has spread. This Friday, I will be getting a CT scan and a bone scan, which will further assist in determining whether the cancer has spread.

I of course will immediately post the results of the tests. Also, a lot of you have been telling me about other woman who have gone through this, or experts they know of. Please feel free to contact me after I post the results if you have any questions or know of someone who can help interpret the results :)

Again, I cannot thank everyone enough for the support that everyone has given me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Listen to YOUR doctors. Everyone is different and so are the treatments. Cancer treatment is sort of a customized process, unique unto you.

2. You are very brave (you probably don't feel that way but you are) Don't ever forget that.

3. This is a fabulous way to keep all of us posted, and spare you the trouble of repeating it half a dozen times each day.

4. Most important... WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Linds! You are one tough chick! We are all behind, just let us know what you need. It is tough. I want to call you everyday, but I feel like it is a burden on you. This blog is such a blessing. Thank you for your candor and prose.

Alicia