Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good News and Bad News

So I was a little confused when Brooke texted me the other day asking what was for dinner on Sunday and even though I explained to her that Stella was cooking some Philippino specialty which probably involves spam and lots of fried foods, she still agreed to come. Of course I still believe her main motivation is to enjoy the warm southern Californian sun :)

And as it turns out she couldn't have timed it better because I got news that the doctors do want me to get a biopsy of my chest to figure out what was showing up on the pet scan. So on Tuesday I go in for the surgery, which unfortunately sounds about as much fun as my mastectomy.

In the meantime, the doctors are being proactive in setting up my surgery and treatment, assuming that the biopsy comes back clean. They have scheduled my mastectomy for February 20th and still hope to start my chemotherapy about four weeks after the surgery. Although now that the dates are set, the reality of what I am about to go through is a bit overwhelming. Regardless, finally knowing what the plan is makes it easier to face then what I have been going through the last few weeks. At times I felt so incredibly powerless over my future and circumstances but now I am ready to kick some cancer @ss!!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I need your phone number Lin.

I have been wanting to call you. I hope your sugery goes well on Tuesday you will be in my thoughts.

I would love to come and visit sometime. Let me know if you are feeling up to it. It would either be during Spring Break (whenever that is or sometime this summer that I can make it down)

Love you!!!!!

Or if you need a break from it all I can get the Chelan house for a week this summer and you can join me there!

Unknown said...

Thinking of you tomorrow!!! I'm so glad to hear that Brooke is with you ... I wish you a speedy recovery and a healthy body, healthy body, healthy body!

BTW ... Screw You, Cancer!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you not love the adobo! I'm glad Brooke got to experience it too. I've been thinking of you ALL DAY!!! I can't wait to sing to you some britney spears... it'll help with your soar throat.