Monday, March 10, 2008

Oy Vay!!

So I have spent the last two weeks sitting on my ass with ice packs on my chest...needless to say its been frustrating being so incapacitated for little miss "errand" girl. The good news is that they finally pulled out my tubes from the surgery on Friday and they also pumped up my expanders-I am officially an A cup now and by next week I will be a B cup-I will have gone through puberty in two weeks!

I have to admit though that I am not looking forward to next week given how immobile and sensitive I still am. Tomorrow I go in for the chest biopsy, which may involve cracking my ribs to get to my lungs. This week will also include another expansion, which as this weekend has proven is rather uncomfortable, and my first chemotherapy session. Even if I was in perfect condition, I question how someone could go through so much in 6 days...

So I have a request of everyone-I am making a "feel good" CD and I would love to get suggestions of people's favoritie "kick ass" songs that I can include on the CD to keep me inspired to get me through this :) Also, I will be getting out of the hospital on Thurday or Friday and of course will be pretty immobile again. So feel free to stop by as I am getting pretty sick of Sven and Oli (despite how cute they are).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Beer for My Horses"
Artist: Toby Keith & Willie Nelson

This song makes me laugh.

"A Little Less Conservation"
Artist: JXL vs. Elvis Presley

"Faith of The Heart"
Artist: Diane Warren and sung by Russell Watson
Kinda dorky but I like this song.

Kiss ass Lindsey!

Denise

Anonymous said...

"If God were a DJ" by Pink. That is my feel good and inspirational song. I will burn a copy of it for you as well as a few others.

Anonymous said...

"If God were a DJ" by Pink. That is my feel good and inspirational song. I will burn a copy of it for you as well as a few others.

Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hope your surgery at the Hoag Hotel for your biopsy went smoothly. It will probably take a while for the results. We are thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. We are delighted with your humor in this trying time. Producing endorphins on a regular basis is a fine thing to do for yourself. You also have humorous people around you who are keeping up the good humor level. The Kicking Cancer's Ass tee is a wonderful message- clever. You look beautiful and we love the new haircut. Our best to you, Lindsey!

Kristin said...

"Survivor" by Destiny's Child

As cheesy as it sounds I put that song on my ipod and I played it over and over again training for a half marathon. That was the song I played repeatedly in the final couple miles when I wanted to collapse. "I'm a survivor. I'm not gonna give up. I'm not gonna stop. I'm gonna work harder. I'm a survivor. I'm gonna make it. I will survive. Keep on survivin'." It's a total "I'm gonna kick ass." song.