Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lindsay is home resting!!

Well as usual Lindsay has recovered in record time and is already home resting with her cats :)
The details...The surgeon decided to do the more invasive thoracotomy to make sure nothing gets missed and it went very well and she was done in 2 hours, and by the evening she was playing go-fish with her possie of friends! By yesterday morning they had clamped off the lung tube and had pulled out the epideral. And by this morning she was up walking around and drinking her large coke all by herself!
She got the news yesterday that there was no cancer found in her lungs, which is great to know she is CANCER FREE!!! But this also means she has stage 3 cancer and that she will not be able to get that really cool new chemo she was hoping to get. I am sure she will post her own comments as soon as the percisat (sp?) wears off a little.

Till then I would love to give mucho props and thanks to the most creatively designed cupcakes I have EVER seen!!! Compliments of the fabulous Joni and Josh from VA!!! You two are awesome!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT NEWS!!!!! Way to go, Lindsay! So good to see you kick some cancer @SS, spit in its face, and crush it with your boot ... I'm dancing for you!!!

-gretchen

Unknown said...

P.S. ... clearly cancer picked the wrong two chicks to mess with!!!

Anonymous said...

HOLLA! I will be there stirring up some trouble after I finish commenting here! Brook- i only have three words for your return FAB-U-LOUS. Lindsay=> You did awesome, you are awesome and always the hottest chica around! You are so close to the finish line, I think we need start preparing for turks and kekos (is that how you spell that). I LOVE YOU THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS MUCH. BTW... read "look at my striped shirt" when your not drugged. I promise it's funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Sorry you don't get the speedy chemo, but if that's the bad news, we're still very, very, very happy about the good news! I want to see a photo of those cupcakes....I'm sure you must have taken one. We love you,
Marilyn, et al

Kristin said...

Take care Lindsay! Geez, can I say you look absolutely fabulous fighting this thing? I've got some old pics of you missing a front tooth and looking fabulous. Now I see you post boobie surgery looking fabulous. You are an incredible fighter.....and hot to boot! Now you are going to fight this icky thing a little longer, come out even stronger and still look and be fabulous. You are an amazing chick. I have no doubt you are going to continue to kick a$$ and take names. Love, Kristin