Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shout out to the baldy :)

So Brooke and I always comment how runners are the rudest people as they never say "hi" as they pass each other. So you can imagine my trepidation of going on my morning walk without my head being covered. But seriously...its like 80 degrees here and this morning it was just too hot to wear a baseball cap for my four mile power walk. So I lathered up the skull with some sun block and very self-consciously left my place. My first encounter was with a guy riding a Harley-Davidson who whistled at me from the intersection, which admittedly still didn't leave me uber confident...And yet, the first runner to pass me by not only looked me in my eyes, she even actually said "good morning." Even the yuppy moms on their morning walks at least acknowledged me and scooted their kids out of my way-which is more than they usually do. The next runner I came upon was a young BALD USC student and I got the double thumbs up-yah baby!!

I doubt that any of the people that said "good morning" to me or even just nodded their head as I passed by understood why my head is bald and how hard it is each morning for me to get out there for that walk, but this morning I must have done 12 minute miles and I hardly felt winded. That's when I realized that its going to be one cool summer with my bald head!!

5 comments:

brooke said...

Girl you deserve every one of those shout outs cuz YOU ROCK!!! and I'm glad to hear you are still living up to your motto of being the sexiest cancer patient ever!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay stay strong,YOU ROCK!

-from The Penetrations Lead

Anonymous said...

Four mile power walk? I could've sworn you just had major surgery and endured (still enduring?) a bunch of other crazy stuff, but I guess that's old news. So, like, let me know how you do in that upcoming marathon, won't you?

Anonymous said...

It's cuz you HOTNESS! They knew you were making the day all saucy, not the sun.

Anonymous said...

Ya look great bald - it also brings out the best in people.

what about a straw hat or a 'do' rag? Just don't want you to burn.

XO
Susan