Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Running to stand still...

My life has become a repeat of three weeks-over and over again. Week 1 - Starts on the Friday I receive my chemotherapy. Usually after the 4-5 hour treatment, I celebrate that I still have taste buds and energy and will enjoy my last meal for the next week. Over the following week, I will continue to weaken and the metallic taste gets so bad that even water upsets my stomach. By the second week, I begin to regain my appetite and will start walking again. By week 3, I feel almost healthy again and can finally complete my four mile walks. This repeat of sickness and fighting to get strong again just to get sick again leaves me feeling like I am "running to stand still."

Luckily there are some things that are making progress...inexplicably my hair and nails have actually started to grow again. While it appears that my hair is coming back curly, I am anxious to have anything more than a wig or baseball cap on my head!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curly hair! Now Brooke will have to get a perm. Thanks for the update, Lindsay. I guess it does feel like you're "standing still" since all the good results of your misery are out of sight. Don't let them get out of mind, lady!

Anonymous said...

One more to go is it not?
You are almost finished!

Take it easy -

XO
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, I am glad to hear that it's almost over... what a road it's been. I know you're a fighter and you will see the good days again soon!

Heather (Schaumann)

Joanna said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile. I was just wondering how you are doing@